FUJIFILM North America Corporation today announced the new FUJINON XF23mm F1.4 R, a premium wide-angle lens designed to work seamlessly with the award-wining line of X-Series compact system cameras. On APS-C cameras, this focal length is equivalent to 35mm, and is ideal for every day photography.
According to Fujifilm’s Press Release from this morning, the new FUJINON XF23mm F1.4 R provides enhanced resolving power with crisp contrast to draw maximum performance out of the highly descriptive X-Trans CMOS sensor. The fast F/1.4 aperture allows the user to reduce blurring in low light conditions and achieve stunning shallow depth to field photography. The FUJINON XF23mmF1.4 R features a camera-to-subject distance indicator and a depth-of-field scale on the barrel. Both are useful when manually pre-focusing to capture a fast moving subject, or minimize the shutter lag to capture a fleeting moment. Lens distortion has been reduced to an absolute minimum using only optical rather than digital correction, thereby delivering the highest possible picture quality. The rounded seven-blade diaphragm ensures smooth bokeh even when shooting portraits or product shots at a medium aperture to maintain reasonable depth-of-field.
FUJINON XF23mmF1.4 R key features:
- 35mm equivalent F1.4 lens
- Fully compatible with FUJIFILM X-Mount
- 1 lens group consisting of 3 cemented lens elements and 1 aspheric lens element
- Built-in high-torque DC coreless motor
- Seven round-edged aperture blades, which offer 22 stops in 1/3 EV steps
- Lens elements treated with Fujifilm’s multilayer HT-EBC (High Transmittance Electron
Lens availability will be October 2013. Retail price is $899.99.