Andy Marquez, a premiere fine art photographer based out of Littleton, is presenting a photography contest with prizes from Reed Art & Imaging, as well as Colorado Business Bank, Colorado Frame Company and McKinner’s Pizza (to name a few!). There will be a reception for the 5 winners at the Littleton Town Hall Arts Center on Friday, January 10th. Check it out!
Englewood Camera is pleased to announce that two of our main product lines are offering new models this fall!
Announced this morning from Fujifilm are the latest addition to the X-Series lineup: the X-E2 and the X-Q2.
Key features of the X-E2:
- 16.3 megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor
- Start up time of .5; shutter lag is only .05 seconds!
- Incredible AF speed of .08 seconds
- New Lens Modulation Optimizer (LMO) for improved image quality
- High resolution 2.36 million dot OLED electronic viewfinder
- 3″ (1.04 million dot) premium clear LCD screen with high contrast, high brightness and wide viewing angle
- In camera RAW converter
- Full HD movie mode
- Artistic features: multiple exposure, panoramic, toy camera, dynamic tone, pop color and more
The X-E2 body will retail at $999.99, or you can purchase with the XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 lens for $1,399.99. Expected delivery is late November.
The new X-Q1 is an exciting new digital compact camera with the following key features:
- 12 megapixel 2/3″ X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
- EXR Processor II offers fast start up time of .5 seconds, shutter lag of .15 seconds, and shooting interval of .3 seconds
- Fast auto focus speed of .06 seconds
- 4x intelligent digital zoom (equivalent of 25-100mm in 35mm format); lens offers f/1.8-f/4.9 variable aperture
- In-camera RAW converter
- Full HD movie
- ISO range of 100-12,800
Availability is estimated for late October, and selling price is $499.99
Announced earlier this week from Sony are two exciting new cameras: the Alpha 7R and DSC-RX10.
Key features of the Alpha 7R:
- Full frame 36.3 megapixel resolution with 14-bit RAW processing
- Fully compatible with Sony E-Mount lenses and new full frame lenses
- High contrast 2.4-million dot EVF (electronic view finder) for eye-level framing
- Wi-Fi enabled to seamlessly transfer images to smartphones or tablets
- New high-speed BIONZ X image processor
- Full HD movie at 24/p/60i/60p with uncompressed HDMI output
- Fast, intelligent AF fir responsive, accurate, and optimized for full frame sensor
Body only is estimated at $2,299.99 retail price.
Sony’s latest compact Cybershot camera offers these key features:
- 20.2 megapixel Exmor R 1″ CMOS sensor
- Awesome 24-200mm f/2.8 Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens
- Simple connectivity to smartphones and tablets via Wi-Fi
- Advanced noise reduction and maximum ISO of 12,800
- Full HD movie with exposure control at 60p/24p
- Smooth precise control ring for P/A/S/M operating modes
- RAW or JPG files
Estimated retail price is $1,299.99.
Englewood Camera recently brought on a new employee, Scott Buchholz, to join our sales team! Scott served for six years in the US Navy as a photojournalist, and brings extensive knowledge of both analog and digital to the table. Stop by the store and say hello! Scott currently shoots a Canon 7D and enjoys street photography and landscape. We’ll be updating our website soon to include Scott’s photos, so stay tuned.
Join professional nature and wildlife photographer Russ Burden and Barbara Fleming of Fleming Safaris for a once-in-a-lifetime trip to the Serengeti in Tanzania next year! Space is limited, so contact either Russ or Barbara for more information and to register.
Happy Saturday! Looking to expand your lens collection this fall? Interested in a used body, or trading in old gear towards something “new”? Check out great deals and a wide selection of used camera equipment at Englewood Camera! We pay top dollar for your trade ins, and hook you up with a 6-month warranty on used cameras and lenses. Englewood Camera is the go-to source for photographic equipment in the Denver area!
Available used Canon cameras and lenses:
- Tamron 17-35mm f/2.8 Di LD
- Canon EF 20-35mm f/3.5-5.6 USM
- Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM
- Canon EF Extender 2x III
- Canon EOS 5D (Mark I)
- Sigma 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye
Available used Nikon lenses:
- Nikkor AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8 ED VR II Nano
- Nikkor AF-S 24-120mm f/4 VR Nano
- Nikkor AF 85mm f/1.8
- Sigma AF 85mm f/1.4
- Nikkor AF 20mm f/2.8D
- Nikkor AF 35mm f/2D
- Nikkor AF-S 300mm f/4 ED
Available used Sony cameras and lenses:
- Sigma 150-50mm w/ 1.4x Teleconverter
- Sony A55 w/ 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
- Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 DiII
- Sony A 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3
- Sony A 70-200mm f/2.8
- Sony A77 w/ 16-50mm f/2.8
Join Englewood Camera and Fujifilm this Friday and Saturday for demo days! We will have two representatives from Fuji here at the store to demo equipment, including the very popular X-Series cameras, and both reps will be available for tech support for existing Fuji customers. Grab a raffle ticket to win a Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 camera; raffle will be held Saturday afternoon, but winner does not have to be present. Englewood Camera is proud to be the only Fujifilm Premier Elite Dealer in Colorado–your best resource for X-Series equipment, including the X100s, XE-1, X-M1, and all Fujinon lenses.
Check out Englewood Camera’s great selection of equipment, and join us for a fun event! See you this weekend!
Join the raffle to win this camera + film!
Learning lighting is a valuable–and necessary–tool for photographers of all skill levels. While many portrait photographers prefer to use natural light, there are many instances where light modifiers are crucial to make the perfect image and exposure. Using speedlights, or external flashes, as a tool is a handy method of modifying natural light to create dynamic, visually stunning images.
Join Englewood Camera and award-winning photojournalist Matthew Jonas this weekend in a lighting workshop on location. In this workshop, you will learn how to use natural light and speedlights together to make perfect exposures and dynamic images. Whether you want to shoot family portraits, senior portraits, weddings, or just want to learn more about lighting, the techniques you learn in this course will help you grow as a photographer.
What you can expect to learn this weekend:
- Learning basic and advanced functions of off-camera flash
- Using the environment around you for the perfect portrait
- Gain a solid understanding of light, and how to use a combination of natural and strobe light to your advantage
- Effectively using one light, one modifier, and available light together to create beautiful images without an assistant
- Working closely with a model in the field; learning how to interact with and direct models effectively
Englewood Camera is still accepting registrations for this class, which runs Saturday/Sunday from 10:00am – 4:00pm. You can sign up online, or stop by the store to register. Cost is only $200, and includes a fee for a model.