It finally feels like springtime in the Rockies; the air is fresh, the sun is shining, and our allergies are going nuts with all of the budding trees! Englewood Camera is pleased to announce our newest photography contest for our customers! The theme for our spring photography contest is night photography. Photographing in the dark opens your eyes up to new creative possibilities, offering new perspectives on subjects you may typically ignore.
Submit traditional landscape, cityscape, urban landscape, or lifestyle photos—they just have to be taken at night! Share your favorite moments of how you see the world at night with us and our customers by entering! Photographs can be taken in any location, so this contest is not limited to Colorado. We will be selecting 12 final images to hang in the store from late May until early August, 2015. You may submit portrait or landscape format images.
- There is no fee to enter the contest, however all selected images must be printed at Englewood Camera. Final prints should be 16×24″ for landscape, or 13×19” for portrait. Englewood Camera will print and dry mount the images for you, and offer a discount of 20% on the printing (we will pay for the dry mount). You will be able to keep the prints after the show ends (roughly late August 2015).
- Please submit no more than three (3) images per person. Images must be sized for web, with an ideal resolution of 2880 pixels wide at 72dpi.
- Work must be current; please submit images no older than five years to be considered.
- Images (with descriptions of each) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Spring Photo Contest” in the subject line. You will receive a confirmation email from Erin upon receipt of images.
- Entries must be received no later than Saturday, May 2nd at 11:59pm MST. Any images received after this deadline will not be considered for entry into the contest.
- All photographs entered in the contest must belong to the entrant. Any suspected copyright issues will be rejected from the contest.
- Submissions to the contest must include image title, description, name of photographer and contact information.
- Winners will be notified via email around May 16th 2015. At that time, winners will be asked to submit a full-resolution file of the winning image for print.