Archive for May 2015
Lomography announced a new addition to its growing line up of art lenses: the Petzval 58 Bokeh Control Art Lens.
This brass lens features a high quality Russian optical design, delivering sharp images with a “deeply strong color,” and offers a maximum aperture of f/1.9. While the Petzval 58 will be made in Canon EF and Nikon F mounts, it can be easily adapted to work with other systems, such as Sony or Olympus.
Back by popular demand, Englewood Camera has created one more date for our A Shot in the Dark: Night Photography at Mt. Evans workshop! If you missed out registering for the June and August dates, here’s your last chance to join us for a fun-filled weekend shooting the stars and the Milky Way on Mt. Evans! This workshop runs Friday, September 11th (lecture) and Saturday, September 12 (shooting in the field).
- Zone mode, allowing you to choose a 3×3, 5×3 or 5×5 zone from the 77-point AF area. When combined with the AF-C continuous focusing mode, the camera tracks a subject in the center of the selected zone. In Wide/Tracking mode, the camera displays the area in focus, identified automatically out of the 77-point AF area, and tracks the subject across the entire 77-point AF area.
- Single-point AF divides the focus area into smaller sections to more accurately determine the distance to the subject for even greater focusing accuracy. The built-in phase detection pixels have the detection range of 0.5EV, an improvement from the previous 2.5EV, delivering phase detection AF performance that enables fast focusing in low-light conditions and on low-contrast subjects.
- Activate Face Detection to automatically detect human faces and focus with Eye Detection AF to ensure accurate focus on human eyes, even when using a shallow depth-of-field. Combine these two functions to take your portrait photography to a new level.
- The new AF system features an Auto Macro function that eliminates pressing the Macro button before shooting close-ups while maintaining the conventional AF speed. This update eliminates the Macro function assigned to the Macro Button, allowing you to assign a different function to the button.
- The optimized algorithm delivers more natural, smooth AF action during movie recording.