Lomography announced a new addition to its growing line up of art lenses: the Petzval 58 Bokeh Control Art Lens.
This brass lens features a high quality Russian optical design, delivering sharp images with a “deeply strong color,” and offers a maximum aperture of f/1.9. While the Petzval 58 will be made in Canon EF and Nikon F mounts, it can be easily adapted to work with other systems, such as Sony or Olympus.
All the way from the eye-catching design down to the very smallest detail, the technical features of the New Petzval 58 have been fine-tuned to provide an incredible photographic experience.
• Focal Length: 58mm
• Aperture: Waterhouse stops, f/1.9, f/2.8, f/4, f/5.6, f/8, f/11, f/16
• Image Circle: 44mm
• Field of View: 41 degrees
• Lens Mounting Profile: Canon EF and Nikon F
• Electronic Contacts: No
• Closest Focusing Distance: 0.6m
• Focusing Mechanism: Gear rack focusing
• Filter Thread: 52mm
• Bokeh Control Levels: 1 (minimum swirl) to 7 (maximum swirl)
This lens is exclusively available on Kickstarter for the time being; back the campaign for your chance to snag one early!