Attention all Fujifilm users! We know a lot of you have asked, “When will Fuji update the 35mm f/1.4 lens?” The answer is now! Fujifilm announced its new 35mm f/2R WR lens late last week, with an expected delivery in November 2015.
The key product highlights of this new lens include:
- FUJIFILM X-Mount is compatible with all FUJIFILM X-Series interchangeable system cameras
- Weather-resistant design with 8 sealing points for weather- and dust-resistance and operation in weather as low as 14°F
- Inner focus system with 0.08 seconds autofocus speed and nearly silent operation
- Uses 9 elements in 6 groups, including 2 ED glass lens elements to reduce lateral and axial chromatic aberration
- Nano-GI coating reduces ghosting and flare
- 9 blade aperture creates smooth and circular bokeh
- 1/3 EV steps
- Minimum working distance of approximately 13 inches
The XF 35mm f/2R WR is expected to sell for $399.99, and is available in black or silver. Englewood Camera is accepting pre-orders; please call Erin at (303) 797-0700 x1003 for details!
In addition to the exciting new 35mm, Fujifilm also announced the release of a new teleconverter to its X-Series professional line-up. The features and compatibility of this new 1.4x teleconverter are:
- Multiplies focal length of FUJINON XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR by 1.4x
- Weather-resistant design for weather- and dust-resistance and operation in conditions as low as 14°F
- Uses 7 elements in 3 groups
- Does not affect lens AF speed
- Camera displays and records information reflecting the change in aperture and focal length when the teleconverter is mounted.
Anticipated retail on the 1.4x teleconverter is $449.99, and shipments should begin in November 2015. Please call Erin at (303) 797-0700 x1003 for pre-order information.